Monday

Things I love Mondays

photo: Tom Palumbo
  • japanese cherry blossom perfume
  • lots of firsts: my first crispy creme doughnut, my first baseball game
  • daegu peeps, we have the most raucous, wonderful adventures
  • playing peek a boo with babies on the subway
  • falling asleep to thunderstorms in a cozy bed
  • hugging: lame, i know. but I just can't get enough. especially hugs from 5 year olds: they're such a force of fun and excitement and sweetness... their hugs HURT
  • the over sized shirt that I wear to sleep and reminds me of my babe
  • the sliver of sun at the baseball game, fighting it's way through the huge blanket of clouds
  • daydreams that turn my quiet life into a bollywood musical
  • really, really strong coffee
  • brunch at hami mami and the old woman who smiled at me every time our eyes met
  • going camping at school under a make shift tent with my kindergartners
  • sunday night dinner at maya
  • listening to dreams by the cranberries on repeat (always takes me back to the same moment)
  • wine lemonade
  • talking sammy the pug for a walk
  • rediscovering music I haven't listened to in a long time: bic runga, ben harper, crowded house (four seasons in one day is the BEST song, courtesy of ryan)
  • not wanting or needing anything
  • a certain boy who makes my heart do funny things

1 comment:

Johanna said...

Love the idea of your day dreams being bollywood musicals! And wine lemonade sounds delicious!