I just wanted to write you before 2011 ended to tell you a few things. I was unsure whether I should write you or not because I didn't want to disturb the equilibrium we have and any healing that may have started. But I'm troubled because I feel I put out a lot of negative energy towards you at the end. I hope this helps, both you and me. I regret the way I left things with you. I don't hate you. I don't wish you any bad. I hope you know that. I just want to say a few things.
Be honest. Be brave.
It's hard to shut the door on something we thought we wanted for so long. I think the lesson in all of this is that once you close the door, you can't go back. No matter how many second thoughts you may have. You have to go with your gut, that's your heart telling you the truth. We just have to be brave enough to listen.
No regrets.
I'm glad you came into my life. Despite all the ups and downs, I don't regret any of it. The good times were worth all the hurt and for that I'm grateful.
Forgiveness.
I hope you know that I don't blame you for anything. I'm past the anger and the hurt. Those feelings are useless. People fall out of love. No one is to blame. I know it was hard for you too.
Be happy.
I hope you're well and enjoying your life and finding peace, I really do. I will always think of you and care for you. I wish we could be friends but we both need more time to heal. It may take months or years but I know it will happen one day.
The future is bright.
It's time to move on and heal. I hope we can both look back on our five years together with a smile, no tears, no sadness.
I wish you peace and happiness.
No comments:
Post a Comment