Saturday

My Top 5 Romantic Movies

I want to...

1. wait out the rain in Hong Kong
In the Mood for Love
I think it’s pretty safe to say this is the best movie ever made. Maggie Cheung and Tony Leung have the most amazing chemistry. The film is seductive and sultry and lush and hypnotic. Plus there's a killer sound track (haunting cellos and Nat King Cole crooning in Spanish). Sublime. It is one of my absolute favorites of all time.

2. eat spagetthi and play cards in Jack's apartment
The Apartment
So ahead of it's time. Jack Lemmon and Shirley McClain will charm the pants off you.

3. ride a vespa through Paris
Amelie
Whimsical and imaginative. Audrey Toutou's eyes. Mathieu Kassovitz's smile. Just plain yummy.

4. take a tour of Roma
Roman Holiday
Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck are the PERFECT cinematic couple. Tender and sweet. The film of choice when I'm sick in bed :)

5. sing "More than This" in Tokyo
Lost in Translation
Hip and fun and heartbreaking all at the same time.

2 comments:

Johanna said...

Thanks for sharing these titles. There are 2 that I've never seen. They are now on my list.
Can I make a suggestion? It's a very old one but a very good one. "It Happened One Night" 1934. Clark Gable and Claudette Colbert.....such a good movie. Similar to Roman Holiday...I think Roman Holiday must have taken the idea from it.

Sweta said...

I love "It happened one night". I love that you love it too!! (I used to be really into black and white films in high school. Saw as many as I could get my hands on!)