- gently waking up with tea and adele and morning sunlight peeking through my bedroom window
- talking to Sean. his day is ending and mine is just beginning. he's on the other side of the world but when I hear his voice it feels like he's in the same room... except I can't lean over and steal kisses
- morning walk to work (one of my favourite moments of the day). i pod on. smile on. neighbourhood is bustling. teenage girls in school uniforms (skirts a little too short) stand at bus stops. shopkeepers arrange fruit and vegetables on their outdoor stalls. business men and women in suits rush by, briefcase in one hand and cellphone in the other.
- beautiful, fragile cherry blossoms
- children giggling all day long, I've never been in a school as happy as my current one, there is no yelling or scolding. it's not that the children are angels (though they look like them), they run and jump and shout but the teachers seem to rise above it all. the whole school seems serene and cheerful
- making a mural for my classroom. it is a tree that will change with the seasons. right now I'm cutting what seems like hundreds of green leaves. in the fall they will come down and I will put red leaves on it. children from other classrooms sneak into my class and hug me and say "hello sweta teacher". they want to help so I put them to work taping the leaves on the branches
- crazy beautiful crimson sunset
- mountains in the distance
- skyscrapers
- neon sign after neon sign, all unreadable
- sitting on the steps outside my school , I could spend all day and night here, breathing in this vibrant city around me
- pink room
- sleep
Wednesday
anatomy of a day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment