Sunday

10

photo: running ahead of oneself by orangeacid

1. I’m dreaming about: a get away. I want to be in a car. going anywhere. fast. windows open, sun in my eyes, hair blowing madly in the wind, singing loudly and off-key to the radio.

2. I’m working on: decluttering, my life and my head space.

3. I’m longing for: strong coffee in the morning (coffee shops open too late for me to grab one on my way to work)
kisses
quiet nights

4.. I'm in love with: the small courtesies we extend one another. doors opened, you go first in line, smile across an elevator...
the many, many new varieties of tea I've tasted since coming to Korea.
incense.

6. I adore: about, a sweet little downtown cafe. It's like something you would find in Paris or Soho. The entire cafe opens out to the street but the hustle and bustle of downtown seems to fade once you enter it's space. It's a far cry from the neon overload that is Korea. The white walls, minimalist style and friendly service create an inviting, serene atmosphere. I would have been happy to linger there all day. I felt like a lady as I sipped my ice tea (sweet just the way i like it) and nibbled my bruschetta (with delectable ingredients like almonds and strawberries).

Gulliver's Travels, hip new restaurant. cutest owner/chef. cherryade. wicked, spicy food. laid back, eclectic style.

Flower Garden, wine and hookah bar. I can describe this place in just one word: sensual.

7. I’m excited about: my first field trip with my students. I'm not even sure where we're going but I don't give a damn. I just want to be outside for a few hours. Despite the bright, happy colours I'm surrounded by, the fact that my classroom doesn't have any windows and that I never get a chance to go outside during the workday makes me feel like I'm in a cage. I want to set my students free from the confines of our little classroom. I want them to run and explore.

8. I’m really, really excited for: more yoga. I started again after months without. It feels gooood. My body has been aching for it. Just holding my hands together, exhaling, feeling the tension leave my shoulders and my face makes me want to weep in gratitude.

9. I'm feeling: energized and rested and hopeful.
Stuffed. I had a huge Easter Sunday feast. I scarfed down the food like it was my last meal.

9. I know: though the calendar may say it's spring, summer has arrived. I'm loving everything about it. Skirts and bare legs and heat and sweat and sun.

There's nothing better than children's art. I want a house full of it.
Weekends come and go too quickly for me.

10. If I could close my eyes and wake up anywhere: in my baby's arms, would be perfect.

1 comment:

Johanna said...

love the children's art!!!